Bill Gates is known for a lot of things, like being the richest man in the world and creating Microsoft, but he also has one of the craziest, high-tech houses the world has ever seen. Located in Medina, Washington, the Gates family resides in what is probably the most expensive and technology savvy homes around.
Just looking at Gates’ home from the outside, you might not realize all the gizmos and gadgets he’s got on the inside, so we’re here to let you in on his secrets.
- The house is built into its surrounding in order to regulate its temperature and reduce heat loss.
- There are speakers under the wallpaper throughout the house which play music and will follow you from room to room as you move.
- His swimming pool is 60 feet long and has underwater music system.
- Every guest gets their own sensor pin that will adjust the temperature, music, and lighting in each room according to their preferences.
- There’s an elevator that will take you from the main floor to the ground floor, instead of walking the 84 steps.
- It cost $63 million to build, but is worth more than $123 million.
- He has 23 parking spots and 24 bathrooms.
- An $80,000 computer screen allows him to change the wall colour and paintings on the wall at the click of a button.
- Leonardo da Vinci’s original Codex Leicester notebook is kept somewhere in the house.
- Gates’ favourite tree on the property is monitored 24 hours a day.
Even though his home is hard to beat, we’re up there with our Canderel Digital Home. Controlling just about everything in your home – from the lighting, temperature, door lock, music, and more – is pretty impressive and we’re excited to offer this luxury to our tenants. It will ALMOST be like we’re living like Bill Gates, right?
Photo via Derek Purdy